Club Destin encountered property damage as a result of Hurricane Sally.
Currently Club Destin is without power and it may take several days before it is restored.
Club Destin is working to notify owners and guests with pending reservations.
If you have an upcoming reservation, please contact Club Destin for an update prior to travelling.
We are OPEN for rental reservations! For more information on Florida COVID-19 restrictions please visit Florida's Health Website.
Required items for a properly executed deed.
THIS INFORMATION IS BEING PROVIDED AS A COURTESY AND IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONS FOR EACH SPECIFIC TRANSFER. PLEASE CONTACT CLUB DESTIN IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT COMPLETING YOUR DEED.
1. Both Grantors (if applicable) must sign the deed in the presence of a Notary Public (most banks will notarize a document free of charge for their customers).
2. Two witnesses are required on each and every deed regardless of the number of Grantors. For example, if the Grantor is a single person - two different people must witness the document. The witnesses must print their names below their respective signatures. The Notary Public may serve as one of the witnesses-but cannot witness on both lines.
3. The “Prepared by/Return to” section should be completed with the name and address of either the Grantor or Grantee. Please note that the Recorded Deed will be returned to this party only; this party will be responsible for providing copies to all involved parties, including the Owners’ Association at Club Destin.
4. The Notary Public must complete the Affidavit section of the Deed; this includes his/her signature and notary seal as well as completing the State and County section and dating the document.
ONCE THE ABOVE STEPS ARE COMPLETED, THE DEED MUST BE RECORDED IN
OKALOOSA COUNTY TO BECOME A LEGAL TRANSFER OF TITLE.
5. Make cashier's check or money order payable to “Clerk of Court” in the amount of $10.00 plus the appropriate document stamp fee. The $10.00 is the charge for recording a one-page document; if your deed is over one (1) page, add $8.50 for each additional page. To calculate the amount for documentary stamps, use the following formula: divide the sales price by 100; multiply this number by $.70. Please note the minimum amount is $0.70.
For example, the sale/transfer price is $2,000.00.
2,000/100 = 20 x 0.70 = $14.00
The amount for a one-page deed transfer would be $24.00 ($10.00 for recording and $14.00 for documentary stamps).
6. Mail the completed deed, a cashier's check or money order in the appropriate amount to the address below:
Okaloosa County Courthouse Annex
1940 Lewis Turner Blvd.
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Should you have any questions regarding the recording process, please contact the Okaloosa County Public Records Office at 850-651-7200 ext. 4360. Please understand the Public Records Department will not be able to assist you with filling out or completing your deed nor will they be able to validate the legality of your document. The records office is simply the "record holder". If you have other questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact the resort; we will make every attempt to assist you in this process.
You should expect to receive the recorded deed within 2 to 3 weeks. Once it has been returned to you, a copy of this recorded deed must be mailed to Club Destin Owners’ Association along with the following information in order to complete the transfer. All fees must be paid in full, we must have Social Security Number(s) of the new owner(s), middle initials of new owner(s) and a contact phone number. These items are required in the Association By-laws before the owner roster can be changed.
Quit Claim Deed